Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines. The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields. Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), and Hong Kong, China (2016), the 2017 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2017) will be held in Jeju, Korea. The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE(pending) and KIISE. BigComp 2017 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-inprogress reports on any aspects of big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2017 include (but are not limited to) the following:
- －Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
- －Tools and systems for big data
- －Machine learning and AI for big data
- －Data mining, graph mining and data science
- －Web search and information retrieval
- －Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
- －Models and tools for smart computing
- －Big data analytics and social media
- －Cloud and grid computing for big data
- －Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
- －Security and privacy for big data
- －Mobile communications and networks
- －Smart devices and hardware
- －Smart location-based services
- －Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
Papers must be formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings and submitted through EasyChair, http://www.easychair.org. The direct link for paper submission is https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigcomp2017. Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. Details about the submission process including formatting instructions are at the conference website.
Selected papers will be invited for publication in the following journals after further revision and extension.
- METHOD Journal (SCI)
- Journal of data mining and bioinformatics (SCIE)
- The Journal of Supercomputing (SCI)
- Journal of Computing Science and Engineering (Scopus)
Best Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference to the authors of selected outstanding papers.
- Full paper Submission due:
September 30 October 21Novemver 4, 2016 (Extended)