http://conf2017.bigcomputing.org or http://www.bigcomputing.org
February 13-16, 2017, Jeju Island, South Korea
The International Conference on Big data and Smart Computing (BigComp) is a leading international forum for the emerging fields of intelligent computing for big data and mobile smart computing. The BigComp 2017 will feature tutorials on established as well as emerging research topics and practical applications on big data and smart computing. We solicit proposals for tutorials from active researchers and experienced industry practitioners. All tutorial proposals will be judged notably by their technical quality, relevance of the topic, qualification of the speakers, and presence of similar topics at recent conferences on big data or smart computing.
We seek proposals for half-day or full-day tutorials of lecture style short courses covering the state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge industry development and applications, and practical tools in within the field of big data and smart computing. Please refer to Call for Papers (http://www.bigcomputing.org/sub/sub02.asp) for relevant topics. Each tutorial could be either half-day or full-day in length.
A tutorial proposal should consist of the following sections:
1. Title and Abstract
2. Topic of the tutorial. Proposals must clearly identify the general topic for the tutorial, the potential target audience for the tutorial, and the background that is required of the audience.
3. A detailed outline of the tutorial. Proposals should provide the scope of material to be covered and the depth to which it will be covered, and list of the most important references that will be covered in the tutorial. Proposals should also indicate the preference between half-day or full-day.
4. A brief resume of the presenter, which should include:
Name and affiliation
Short Biography of Speaker(s)
Background in the tutorial area
Previous Tutorials by Speaker(s):
- Submission deadline: September 30, 2016
- Notification date: October 28, 2016
- Tutorial materials ready: January 6, 2017
- Conference dates: February 13-16, 2017
- Proposals should be submitted by email to: Byoung-Tak Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Siu Ming Yiu (email@example.com) with subject heading: “BigComp2017 Tutorial Proposal Submission”.
BigComp2017 Tutorial Co-chairs:
Mohamed Sharaf, University of Queensland
Siu Ming Yiu, University of Hong Kong
Byoung-Tak Zhang, Seoul National University