http://conf2017.bigcomputing.org or http://www.bigcomputing.org
February 13-16, 2017, Jeju Island, South Korea
The International Conference on Big data and Smart Computing (BigComp) is a leading international forum for exchanging ideas and information in the emerging fields of intelligent computing for big data. The Program Committees of the BigComp 2017 solicit proposals for workshops to be held with the main conference. Workshop topics will typically match those identified in the BigComp 2017 general call for contributions, but proposals concerned with other relevant areas are also welcome.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for review. The organizers of approved workshops will be responsible for publicizing the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, and guaranteeing a high quality. Proposals for half-day and full-day workshops comprising of at least 6 regular papers with optional keynote talks and panel discussions are welcome. The organizers should ensure registration and presence of authors of accepted papers, and commit to attend their entire workshop.
The Program Committees of the 2017 the 4th International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2017) invite proposals for Workshops. Selected workshops will hold a central position within the larger conference, which will bring together top academic and industrial researchers from all over the world to exchange cutting edge research ideas in Big Data and smart computing research, development and practice.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, and guaranteeing a high quality worthy of the prestige and breadth of the Conference. All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press, made available at the Conference.
The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or special journal issues. Workshops should cover at least a single session (6 regular papers). The workshop organizers should ensure registration and presence of authors of accepted papers. The workshop organizers also can offer one free registration or reimbursement to one of the workshop organizing committee members for each 10 regular workshop papers. Please keep in mind that the cost of any invited speaker should be borne by the workshop PC chairs and not the BigComp organizing committee unless BigComp wishes to sponsor workshop keynote speakers.
Each workshop subject will focus on new research challenges and initiatives in Big Data and smart computing. The workshops should provide an informal and innovative forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share their research results and practical development experiences in Big Data and Smart Computing research, development and practice.
Workshop proposals (2 pages maximum) should include the following information:
- – Title
- – Motivation for the workshop and appropriateness to BigComp.
- – Theme and purpose of the workshop.
- – Format and planned activities and a tentative schedule of workshop (a half day or full day).
- – Selection process for presenters and minimum/maximum number of participants.
- – List of organizers with a short biographical sketch of each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience.
- – Names of program committee members with an indication of which members have already agreed.
- – If the workshop has been held at previous BigComp or another conference,
- the organizers should describe briefly past attendance and outcomes, and why another workshop is needed.
- – Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
Proposals should be submitted as Word or PDF document. Proposals should be attached and emailed to BigComp 2016 workshop co-chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than July 30 2016.
Please contact Prof. Sourav S. Bhowmick(ASSourav@ntu.edu.sg), and Bonghee Hong(email@example.com).
- Workshop proposal submission due: July 30, 2016
- Workshop acceptance notification: August 15, 2016
- Workshop paper submission due: November 30, 2016
- Workshop paper acceptance notification: December 30, 2016
- Camera ready Papers: January 15, 2017
- Workshops: February 13, 2017