Copyright © Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration
Call for Papers
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines.
The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields.
Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), the 2018 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2018) will be held in Shanghai, China.
The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2018 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2018 include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
• Machine learning and AI for big data
• Web search and information retrieval
• Models and tools for smart computing
• Cloud and grid computing for big data
• Security and privacy for big data
• Smart devices and hardware
• Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
• Tools and systems for big data
• Data mining, graph mining and data science
• Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
• Big data analytics and social media
• Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
• Mobile communications and networks
• Smart location-based services
Papers must be formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings and submitted through CMT. The direct link for paper submission is https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/BC2018/.
Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. Details about the submission process including formatting instructions are at the conference website. All conference and workshop papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library as conference proceedings.
The paper templates with formatting instructions:
IEEE Conference Microsoft Word Template: IEEE_MSWord_Template.doc
IEEE Conference Latex Template: IEEE_Latex_Template.zip
Selected papers will be invited for publication in the following SCIE journals after further revision and extension.
• World Wide Web (SCIE)
• Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (SCIE)
• Frontiers of Computer Science (SCIE)
• Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering (SCIE)
• Chinese Journal of Electronics (SCIE)
• Journal of Supercomputing (SCI)
• International Journal of Data Mining in Bioinformatics (SCIE)
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference to the authors of selected outstanding papers.
• Workshop proposal submission due: June 30, 2017 August 7, 2017
• Full paper submission due: July 31, 2017 August 14, 2017
• Tutorial proposal submission due: August 30, 2017
• Acceptance notification: October 30, 2017
• Camera-ready copies due: November 15, 2017
• Author registration due: November 20, 2017 November 27, 2017
• Early registration due: December 15, 2017 December 29, 2017 (23:59 PST)
• Conference dates: January 15-18, 2018
ⓒ Copyright 2017 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170